Confession: I hate doing laundry. It is my Everest (and the piles in my house closely resemble it).
Ten truths about laundry [in our house]
1. When I strip beds for “linen day,” someone will inevitably pee through a diaper or throw up that night. “Wash when needed” is superior logic.
2. Sock baskets [by the door] work waaaaaay better than sock drawers [in a bedroom].
3. Dry clean only REALLY means either a) wear once and never again -OR- b) take my chances and machine wash on gentle. But, my best bet is to leave “dry clean only” items at the store, as they really have no business in my closet, let alone on my body.
4. “Line Dry” really means “lol – Tumble dry extra low”
5. White shirts and pants have no business in my children’s closet, let alone on their bodies.
6. Bibs are great when eating out or at someone else’s house, but “dinner in a diaper” is a superior choice when dining at home.
7. Dreft is a cute idea (laundry soap just for babies – how cute is that?), but most brands “Free and Clear” get the job done cheaper [and better].
8. The more clothes purchased: the greater the laundry pile… Less is more
9. If we have no plans to leave the house, changing out of pajamas is completely optional… and kind of silly.
And last but not least [and certainly the greatest truth in my house]
10. The laundry will never be finished. Ever.
8 thoughts on “Laundry…commence “banging-head-against-wall””
I always say that the only way I’ll ever be caught up with laundry is if we become nudists. Actually, now that the temps aren’t sub-zero, that idea sounds even better! 🙂 Glad I’m not alone in the laundry battle!! 🙂
Hahaha! That’s genius!
Last time I “caught up”on laundry I made the mistake of sighing contentedly, “everything in the house is clean except what we are wearing. A half hour later, everyone was ready for bed, my husband went to kiss kids goodnight… spotting a half full hamper “I thought everything was clean” …ugh, winter in WY.
Once being caught up on laundry (no matter how short lived) is an accomplishment worthy of recognition in my opinion. Good job!!! I truly don’t know how you did it!!!!
Thanks. Love your ten rules. Seen like decent decent standards to me. 😉
I live alone, so my laundry is pretty much under control 😉 I still follow your no: 3, 8 and 9 😉
Number 9 is my favorite laundry reduction technique 🙂